Saturday, March 6, 2010

Finished with shading...R.I.P Alexander McQueen

           I finally finished shading the "mirror" piece. It was actually pretty easy in Grayscale mode, like drawing with a pencil, and I like the final effect it produces.. now the question will be "how the hell am I going to color it", since how "destructive" I am when I have color pallet in my left hand and a beautiful base drawing in the other.The progress will be posted in the previous post. The design of the girls' dress belong to Alexander McQueen and Bottega Venetta. 


    

        
          P.S It is a really sad tragedy that I don't really know about Lee Alexander McQueen's works until his recent death...(now that remains me of the death of Heather Ledge.... today just got classified as a bad day) but I guess that I did not really understood fashion until the recent years( man it takes a bit of digging to not hurt your eyes), just like when I was a child, I did not like the "withering sunflowers" of Van Gogh.


the neutral color, the detailed pattern, the simplicity but at same time the complexity are what his design attracted me at the first glance, and I feel like I am in the wrong time and the wrong place just like the time I wish I was in 15th Century, living the prime age of Renaissance

No comments: